FAQ
Ninox Profile
Hi HibsMax,
while Ninox' table views are quite capable to create queries, Ninox doesn't expose SQL to the user (with exceptions, when it comes to scripting, see http://manual.ninoxdb.de/en/function-and-language-reference/).
Best regards
Frank
H
Thanks Frank. I really want / need access to a client tool to allow me to write complex queries so I will move ahead with MySQL.
J
I would like to extend Kudos to the development and support staff, particularly Alex for the speedy response to my questions, this is a fantastic product and I look forward to developing with it.I am an old " old " MS Access developer dating back to Access version 2.0, being 1.0-1.9 was all beta and testing.I do NOT miss Access now that I'm semi retired.
Alex, I promise to find a spot in these forums to post all my further question so others may benefit from the efforts.
I
I'm trying to make a db for bills. The first thing I want is to automatically create a number of growing bill, that starts from 0 at the beginning of the new year, that is calculated every time I create a new invoice.
Have you any suggestions to achieve this function?
Ninox Profile
Hi

Add in the table Bills an additional data field, e.g. X and number field e.g. BillNr.
The default of the X is Today (). Table trigger at new:

BillNr := max((select Bills where year(X) = year(today())).BillNr) + 1

regards
Leo
I
Thanks Leo for your quickly answer. Franco
M
Hello,
I would like to know how to do this:
I have a field named "Tracking number" and a status field named "Status" with 2 options (New or Sent). I would like to show in a third field (URL field) named "Track", an url with datas from "Tracking number" field.
Example:
Tracking number is: 1234
URL is: http://www.provider.com_1234

How can I do that?
Thanks in advance for your answer
M
Sorry, I forgot to write that the URL field need to have values only when Status option is on "Sent"
Ninox Profile
Hello mpraljak,
you can use a trigger for example on the choice field. A trigger on table level "execute on update" would also work.

if Status = 2 then Track := "provider.com"+'Tracking number' else""

Status = 2 means the second value of the choice field. This depends on the position of "sent" in your choice field.

Best regards, Alex
M
Thank you very much Alexander! I appreciate your fast answer ;)