Template for password protected database

I've made an example database with passwordprotection. Usable as standalone database (no cloud version needed)

Please have a look at this :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ne4b4csmw72z9j/ProtectWithPassword.ninox?dl=0

14 replies

null
    • Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Doesn't work on Iphone version.

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

A nifty example thank you... but will not work in a multi user environment as the "Opening" table keeps only one record.   Another strategy would be to let the Opening table act as a user logon table.. create a new row everytime the database is opened.... Once the user "authenticates" using their password.. Pop up a switchboard (or something) .. and delete "this" from Opening..   This way when user 1 opens, they get row one.  When user 2 opens.. they get row 2 .. and so on.. 

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you for the feedback, I didn't thought about multi users since the cloud version has already build in restrictions for multi users. But still a good idea to implement. Thanks

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Perhaps my test was invalid.   I was on my iPad and my mac.. but same user..  Logically tho.. since there is only one record, I think it would still fail. 

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You could be right but i can't test it because i'm the only user of Ninox. In the german Webinar DE 2019 i saw an other password related table (221_Erst_Passwort_dann_Zugriff) witch could also be working. I couldn't figured out how this was working or what to put in the pw to get results.

Maybe Birger can explain how it works?

Steven

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

In the Data table there is a bit of script in the "Readable if" property:

let myPwRecord := record('Password-Check',1);
    myPwRecord.pw = "123"

So the PW is 123. 

Birger

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Birger... If I log on to Ninox as me via my iPad and run the Get Password demo.... then I log on to Ninox as me via my Mac .. I see that the table has already been unlocked.   I believe it is because in the demo... "Opening" is a single row table....  Do you agree? 

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I agree, I have also experienced this fault. I Think the DE 2019 version locking method is better.

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is because it is unlocked per user and not per device.

Birger

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Right..... @Birger, could you post the DE version ?  I am only in the EN 2019.. because I only speak English.. :)    Also.. I just posted 60_1_Protected_With_PIN in the EN 2019.. a quick variation .. uses a "number keyboard" to enter the PIN.. and a formula that display a "*" for each number entered.. :) 

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

uploaded the template to the english webinar:

"68_Password_first_(123)"

Birger

• robert.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks for interesting topic. Anyone who can tell where to find EN 2019... I really would like to test template 60_1_Protected_With_PIN. Thanks in advance,

Robert

• Jorg
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Robert, 

I have invited you to the Webinar EN 2019 now.

Kind regards, Jörg

• robert.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello Jörg, I already found out, thanks very much. I already found very helping examples. Also wil look how to add some myself.

Robert

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 14Replies
  • 4616Views