Template for password protected database
Ninox Profile

I've made an example database with passwordprotection. Usable as standalone database (no cloud version needed)

Please have a look at this :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ne4b4csmw72z9j/ProtectWithPassword.ninox?dl=0

Ninox Profile

Doesn't work on Iphone version.

Ninox Profile

A nifty example thank you... but will not work in a multi user environment as the "Opening" table keeps only one record.   Another strategy would be to let the Opening table act as a user logon table.. create a new row everytime the database is opened.... Once the user "authenticates" using their password.. Pop up a switchboard (or something) .. and delete "this" from Opening..   This way when user 1 opens, they get row one.  When user 2 opens.. they get row 2 .. and so on.. 

Ninox Profile

Thank you for the feedback, I didn't thought about multi users since the cloud version has already build in restrictions for multi users. But still a good idea to implement. Thanks

Ninox Profile

Perhaps my test was invalid.   I was on my iPad and my mac.. but same user..  Logically tho.. since there is only one record, I think it would still fail. 

Ninox Profile

You could be right but i can't test it because i'm the only user of Ninox. In the german Webinar DE 2019 i saw an other password related table (221_Erst_Passwort_dann_Zugriff) witch could also be working. I couldn't figured out how this was working or what to put in the pw to get results.

Maybe Birger can explain how it works?

Steven

Ninox Profile

In the Data table there is a bit of script in the "Readable if" property:

let myPwRecord := record('Password-Check',1);
myPwRecord.pw = "123"

So the PW is 123. 

Birger

Ninox Profile

@Birger... If I log on to Ninox as me via my iPad and run the Get Password demo.... then I log on to Ninox as me via my Mac .. I see that the table has already been unlocked.   I believe it is because in the demo... "Opening" is a single row table....  Do you agree? 

Ninox Profile

I agree, I have also experienced this fault. I Think the DE 2019 version locking method is better.

Ninox Profile

This is because it is unlocked per user and not per device.

Birger

1 2