Learning about the Calendar

Today was our first attempt to use the Ninox Calendar as a shared office calendar.

I first went through all our existing tables and set the properties of the Date fields to not show in calendar. Then I created a new table named "Calendar Blue" with a Date field and a multi-line text field. I set the Date field properties to show in Calendar "Yes" and to show as "Text" (the name of my text field). So only the date appears in the calendar, which is what we want. That's it. We enter our calendar items in the table and they appear on our Calendar. Perfect.

I noticed that the background color of the text items on the calendar is light blue. As an experiment, I tried making a copy of the "Calendar Blue" table and named the copy "Calendar Red". Then I changed the Date property color in that table to "red". Items that we want to have a red background can be entered into this table. 

All this just took a few minutes and we now have a nice shared calendar. Being new to the Calendar I am wondering how others use it. All suggestions are welcome.

2 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Dean, 

You can drive the display color.. say from a status, topic, etc attribute.. 

yellow

cal

• Choices_Software_Dean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I like that. Thank you.

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 953Views