Views: Filtering Values

Hi,
Ninox support,

I have a table with a column "Age" (in years).
If I want to enter the value as years and months, (e.g. 2 yrs 4 months), how should I do?

And then, I want to filter the Age below 5 and above 5. What kind of formula should I use?

Thanks for your kind attention and advices.

With regards,

Min Oo
Myanmar

12 replies

null
    • Alexander_Koenig
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hello Min Oo,

it depends on the field type. It would not work with a number field. If you have text field you could type in 2 yrs 4 months.

Then use a filter like <2 yrs 4 months

Best regards, Alex
    • CISOFT_Sarl
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hello,
    I have a table where I enter data with dates. I would like to make a view where I see only the recordings I make today. I tried to filter with the advanced filter without success. Some help? Thank you in advance.
    Best Regards
    Robert
    • Leonid_Semik
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Robert,
    Insert a new column with formula(x):

if Date = today() then
    "Today"
    else
    format(Date, "YYYY-MM-DD")

Insert a filter in this column:

Today

regards
    Leo
    • TondeVries
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi,
    I got a large set of records which i want to filter before exporting them. I like to filter on a choice-field with three values. When however i click on the drop-down list in the filter and select only one value, the other values are NOT excluded. This looks like a bug to me.
    Now either the bug has to be solved or there should be a work-around. That workaround should however not be adding a computed field hence i need to export the view to csv and i can't have extra columns added.

Regards,
    Ton
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    This is a workaround how to filter for records where exactly one value is selected (but not any others). - Lets call this option "Movie".

Click the coloumn head of the choice field (lets call it "Selector"). In the popup select the " f(x) " button. Give this formula:
    –––
    text('Selector')
    –––

Done.

Now give this filter:
    –––
    = "Movie"
    –––

Birger - Ninox Support
    • mpraljak
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hello,
    In my Invoice form I use a table of products and I would like to know how to sort each line of product by the way I choose it and not ordered by credential.
    Example: If I enter on first line a product ref. beginning by letter T and on second line a product beginning by letter A and third one by letter Z, I'd like to see them on my table in this order and also print them in this order.
    Hope you understand what I mean.
    Best regards,
    Michel
    • Alexander_Koenig
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Michel,

you can only sort by one column.
    If you need to sort by several, use a formula field and combine different columns into one.

Best, Alex
    • mpraljak
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    OK thank you for the information Alex ;)
    • Core_It
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

if i want to see the invoices from the past 30 days from today, what formular do i need i cannot figure it out! 

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Create a new column to check if the invoice date is within the last 30 days:

–––
    if 'Invoice Date' + 30 >= today() then true else false end 
    –––

Now filter by this new field.

Birger

• mattoxvincent
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

How do we get the Ninox to filter more than just one value? An example is that I want to filter a column value of fall and spring so that all entries with that value appear. Presently it won't do that. 

• Sakshi_Singh
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

If fall and spring are values of the same column then use the below in column filter,

____

= "fall" or = "spring"

____

Regards,

Sakshi- Ninox

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 12Replies
  • 6236Views