Views

Hi,
I would like to know how to show timeline in calendar?

For exemple:
I have contract from 1.07.2016 till 31.10.2017, and the second from 1.08.2016 till 31.07.2018 (I have around 100 such contracts).
I would like to put the beginning date and end date (and that part is easy) but I can not show this period in calendar as a line.
I thought that If I put an appointment that would work but not. If you put even 10 appointments to the calendar is un useful.
I am looking for something like all day appointment like in mac's ical or like todo's record which is on the top of calendar.
Any ideas?

38 replies

null
    • Frank_Bohmer
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi YaQb,
    Appointments would be the only way to do this, but the result may be a bit underwhelming if there are many concurrent appointments.
    We'll consider your feature request for our further plannings.
    Frank
    • Tonny_Gram_Sonderup
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    I have just downloades Ninox, but not all the features mentioned here in the manual, are avaible in my version, is there a newer version????
    Best regards
    TGS
    • Alexander_Koenig
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi TGS, all features from the manual are available. Let us know if there are question. You can also drop us a line at support@ninoxdb.de
    Best regards, Alex
    • Min_Oo
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi, Alex,

I found Ninox app very useful in my patients registry. It was very much impressive to my colleagues. They are also trying to download and use it. Thanks.

I have a question about "grouping". How can I group my dates in months?
    I want a new view grouping my "entry dates" into Jan, Feb, Mar, etc. Please explain me if it is possible.

Best regards,
    Min Oo
    • Birger_H
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hello,
    in table view click on any table head and select "Show Column" -> "f(x) formula".
    –––
    format('Date Field', "YYYY-MM")
    –––
    You can now group by this new column.

Cheers Birger - Ninox support
    • Min_Oo
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hello, Cheers Birger,

It works well. I got a new view that I want.
    Thank you Ninox support team for prompt and continued support.

Min Oo
    • pbnlzen
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Is it possible to sort a table by more than one column at a time? For example, Sort first by Last Name in ascending order, and secondarily sort by Zip Code in descending order?
    Thanks,
    Paul
    • Birger_H
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Here is an example. Note that you'd have to create a combined column to sort by.

Greetings
    Birger - Ninox Support
    • Reneb
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    I am very impressed by the functionality of your product!, but a good reference or book would be very helpful.
    Question: can I change fonts in a view?
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    You can set the font size globally. On the Ninox star page select the gear icon in the top right corner. It is nor possible to change the font.

Birger - Ninox Support
    • charlesasanders
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    How do I create a view that combines the rows from two different tables? Also, is there a way to establish the key->Fkey relationships between tables? I have the relationships showing up in the data modeler but do not see how to set the keyset relationships.
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    If you could send me a copy of the Ninox database you are working on (Main menu -> "Save Archvie as...") I'm sure that I can find a solution to your problem.
    My Address: support@ninoxdb.de

Greetings
    Birger - Ninox Support
    • hank
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Please provide instructions for combining columns to create sort by more than one column as a "permanent" setting so that they do not need to be sorted each time Ninox is opened.
    • Alexander_Koenig
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi, you can display a new column and choose "formula".
    In the formula you can combine two fields with "+".
    You will receive a new column after which you can sort.
    Best regards,
    Alex
    • hank
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Alex,
    Thanks. I don't want to print or even view that column but if I "Hide" it, the sort function is lost. Any way to retain the function but suppress it's appearance?
    • Alexander_Koenig
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Hank, there needs to be one column where it is sorted by. Youc combine two columns as on with the formula editor to have both the sorting number and the content.
    This would be the best workaround.
    Best regards, Alex
    • Min_Oo
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi, Birger,
    Another problem.

I grouped my "Operation Date" in months as you said. They grouped. But as I expand the grey line, the dates are not in ascending order. They ordered according to id in ascending.

How can I group the dates (in months) and on expanding, the dates should be in ascending or descending order?

Please help me.

Regards,
    Min Oo
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hello Min Oo,

please click the column head and make sure that the options "Ascending" and "Grouped" are selected.

Birger - Ninox Support
    • Steve
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi, I am migrating from Bento. I love Ninox. I have a problem here.

In Bento, under my simple client database, I create a monthly summary with "Smart collection" feature in Bento. In the past 8 years, I have stacked up almost 100 smart collections (each monthly), that I can always go back to double check. I can choose them easily from the drop down menu just under the database on the Left Pane in Bento.

In Ninox, I have learned to use the Views, it's quick and powerful. The problem is, if I create >100 Views, the "View tab" bar will be cluttered. Is it possible to let user have an option of keeping the "View tab" on the top of the database, or keeping them on the left pane under the Database?

Thank you!
    • Tellef
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Is it possible to resize an image field in forms?
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hallo Tellef,

this is possible to a degree:
    - Switch to admin mode. (Wrench icon in the top right corner is red!)
    - If you hoover over the fields (in form view) they'll get a pink frame.
    - Click the label of the image field to select it.
    - Drag the little squares to resize the field.
    - Note that at the moment you can only change with width.

Birger - Ninox Support
    • Steve
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Birger,

It took me a while to understand what you mean. But still I can't find it.

"On the Ninox star(t) page, select the gear icon in the top right corner. It is nor (now) possible to change the font." But how? After clicking the gear icon, I still can't find where I can change the font. Please help.

Thank you!
    • Steve
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Birger,

I figured out, probably the font size of the Table/Views could not be changed anyway. Right? I am hoping to be able to make it 1 point bigger. But I can live with the current size.
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    At the moment the font size in tables can only be changed globally. On the start page select the wrench icon and adjust zoom and font size.

Birger - Ninox Support
    • Steve
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Thanks Birger,
    Just to clarify that for other users. It's not exactly the wrench icon. You have to close the database by clicking the "Ninox logo" on the left upper screen, choose "Close". A "setting logo" will appear on the right upper corner. Click on that, you will see the global font size setting from 12 to 16.

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 38Replies
  • 13376Views