Viewing list of attachments as a table

I wanted to understand if there is a way I can make a table of all attachments in an entry. Currently to view an attachment I have to go to an entry it is associated with, and then go to the attachments tab to open it. If all the attachments were viewable as a table, and I could click on the rows to open the files (or some equivalent functionality, like the current functionality of having a button to open URLs) this would be a quicker process.

7 replies

null
    • Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

To help you with this, you can also save the attachments in an image field instead of the attachments tab. This will save you from one step of going to the attachments tab to fetch the attachment.

Regards,
    Sakshi- Ninox

• suchitpromo
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks for your reply, I thought the image field only takes one file and not multiple files. The motivation behind my question about being able to view the list of attachments as a table is that I can use such a table as a file explorer for all files that I have attached across all records.

• Yuri
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sakshi....there are updates on this argument?

• Alexander_Koenig
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, try files(this)

• suchitj
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks Alex. I can use concat(files(this)) to display the files, but I can't use files(this) alone to display a table of attachments. I tried using files(this) in a 'View' layout element, that doesn't work either. 

• scopic
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

any update on this ?

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 3187Views