Update Value References in a table when an item value in a sub-table changes.

the following is an example of what i want to happen.  This is based on the invoice example provided by Ninox.

If the Price of an Article changes after it has been included in an invoice,  how can I open the invoice and have it update to reflect the current price?

My application is a "Project"  table that I want to add multple references in a sub-table ("Drawing Item") to drawings listed in a table "Drawings".  One of the columns in the "Drawings" table is "Revison".   

When I open a "Project" table record I want it to show the current revision of the "Drawing Item" record in the sub-table and not the revision of when the Drawing Item record was added.

Any ideas or examples would be greatly apprciated.

4 replies

null
    • Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

You can show the current review directly in the connection field to the "Drawing item table" with the option "Show as" in the properties of the connection field.

This can be done with a formula field in the "Project" table that shows the current revision of the connected Drawing item. The formula in the formula field could be: 

Drawings.Revision

Best, Jörg

• jfordpico
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am not sure I completely follow.

Outline of the Dbase

Projects -Table

====> Table "Documents"   <-Reference From Project to Document (1:n)

• jfordpico
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am not sure I completely follow.

Outline of the Dbase

Projects -Table

====> Table "Documents"   <-Reference From Project to Document (1:n)

Table "Documents"  purpose is to show the documents associated with the Project.

Table Documents has a column "Revision" that comes from the "Document" table.   I want this column to update to show the latest Revision for the "Document" table when I open the project record.

Is this clear?

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

I have already sent you a seperate e-mail, that we could have look on it together.

Thank you very much.

Best, Jörg

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 1857Views