Tracking User Activity
Ninox Profile

Is it possible to build a table to count individual user actions in the database as a whole?

I want to implement a fun rank and title system, similar to the one on this forum (Apprentice, Ninja, Monk, etc) based on how often each user is interacting with the database.

I'm assuming it would just be a matter of counting the number of times each user appears in the database history, but I don't know the syntax to access history (if it exists).

Ninox Profile

Anybody?

Ninox Profile

Bringing this up again...

Ninox Profile

This depends on what you want to track. You can use the trigger "onOpen" to write a timestamp and the user to a seperate table.

Birger

Ninox Profile

Thanks, Birger. That would just capture how often they are opening the database, correct?

I'm assuming I could do the same thing with "Trigger on create" to capture userName() and then use a formula to count the number of times each name appears. Do you think it would slow down the database to capture user info on every "on create"?

Ninox Profile

Hi Bill, 

It should not slow down your database, but it will only count how often a user is creating a new record.

Best, Jörg

Ninox Profile

Correct. That's what I want to capture. Looking forward to implementing this soon.

Thanks for your help!