Static Image

I'm trying to get one image to show up on every record without having to select the image every time.  I tried one suggestion on the forum to put the image in another table and link it, but that doesn't work I still have to select the image or the field just shows "L/photo.jpg"

I tried using a formula field and I still have to select the image for each record.

Any suggestions are appreciated as I'm really stuck on this one.

Thanks

6 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Is this the end result you are looking for? 

staticImage

This is the lookup formula in the "Static Image" formula.

lookup

There is one row in the Images table. 

imageTable

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Here is an example if you want to set a "default" image.. but let the user change it if they want to.. 

First.. create a relation to the Images table.. I then named it "Default Image"..  then put in a Trigger on Create.. set the relationship to the defaut image. 

LinktoImages

Hope this helps. 

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Here is the result. 

theResult

By the way.. Who is that handsome guy??  LOL.. Me a few years ago.. and me a few decades ago.. LOL

• rqe3bc
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Wow thank you!  That's exactly what I was trying to do.  I was trying to show the text of a form that doesn't change (and if it does I only have to change the one image) so this works perfectly!

At first I tried just entering the text in a Rich Text field but I don't think there is a way to "lock it down" so the users wouldn't inadvertantly tap it and mess it up lol.

It's a couple of paragraphs so it doesn't work too well in some of the other text fields, so I thought a scanned image might work better.

Ninox is absolutely the best - my little Ninox iPad database is going to replace a ton of papers currently shuffled around in three binders :D

Thanks again!  I'm going to keep the change option as well because you never know when you might need it!

I think the pictures look great!

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

If you want to use default rich text field... Set the writeable if to NO / FALSE / 0 ...  If you want the user to occassionaly have the ability to change it.. but not accidently .. add a check box and set wrieable if to the value of that check box. 

config

checkbox

• rqe3bc
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks again!  I'm going to be using this a lot lol :D

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 2915Views