Sharing Databases

Good evening 

I was just wondering what the best way was to share the database with other users.  No editing just viewing.  Not sure if its mobile app etc. or share in a web page.

Thank you.

4 replies

null
    • Jorg
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dear Alan, 

It depends what do you want to share. If you can display it in a table view you can share the view in a Ninox Cloud database.

If you want to have the others work / search in the database like jump between different tables and/or editing data, you would need to invite the other collaboratores in your Ninox Cloud team as a team member.

Kind regards, Jörg

• romdvlp
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Good morning,

I have more or less the same question, is it possible to share some data on the mobile application?
    For example, I wonder if it is possible to share records related to one customer without them being able to see records related to other customers directly from their phone?
    If so, how can we set this up?

Thanks in advance.
    Romain

• John_Halls
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Romain

Yes you can. As above, they would need to be a member of your team. Use the 'Readable if' option of the table together with the user() function to only display records belonging to that user. I can explain more fully if you wish.

Regards John

• romdvlp
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello John,
    I'm glad to hear that this is possible! If you don't mind, I'd be interested in learning more about this feature.

Sincerely,
    Romain

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 1523Views