Seeing a deleted column in the table's Edit Columns view

Why after deleting a column in a table (via the table cog) do you still see the column in the filter of the columns for the table?

5 replies

null
    • jel888
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sorry by "filter" I meant the Edit Columns view (represented byt the filter icon).

• Jorg
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 

because you do not "delete" the culomn in the table with the table cog, but hide it only. 

If you want to delete the field (with all contents) you have to go to "Edit fields", click on the field and there on "Delete field". 

Best, Jörg

• jel888
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I don't understand where you mean.  Whether I go to either or these locations:

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 16.24.55    or   Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 16.24.46

I end up at the same window and delete the field.

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 16.27.27

However, once done, the field is still visible in the table layout and in the table's Edit Column's view.  In order to have the field no longer be visible, I have to remove it from view (which doesn't make sense to me).

• Jorg
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

that would only happen if you click on "Cancel" instead of "Save changes" when you leave the "Edit fields" window.

Should it be otherwise: Could you please send us an e-mail to support@ninoxdb.de so that we could have a look at it together via a screensharing session? Thank you very much.

Best, Jörg

• jel888
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Definitely it was otherwise because the field was deleted in the Table properties window, but not in the Table layout or Edit Column (to see what's visible or not) view.  Sure can do on the screen sharing. 

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 1919Views