Save trial database work to my recently purchased Local Mac Ninox environment.

I created a trial cloud database, imported some data from a csv, but now I purchase app for my mac.  I want to move the data from the cloud trial to my local system.  How do I do this? 

11 replies

null
    • james_deraps
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The data or the database? For both when you are in the administration mode (red wrench) go to menu table: export data...

• Nick
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Click the little arrow next to the icon of your database and then click Create Backup. 

This opens a new window where you can download the backup of the database in your hard drive.

Then in the Mac app choose Import Archive...

• Software Developer
    • andreass
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This doesn't work with the smallest plan. It shows me a window to upgrade to pro. This is really bad and it should be available to all versions. I can't move my database to my local Mac Ninox app - why?

• Fred
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Andreas Did you save your DB as an archive from the cloud then import the archive on your Mac?

• Software Developer
      • andreass
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Hi Fred  - no, in the Mac app I logged into my account and could access my database in the cloud. But now I wonder how I can move it to local storage. Thanks for any help!

• Software Developer
      • andreass
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Fred How do I save my Database as archive from the cloud? I'm on the Starter version.

• Fred
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Andreas There should be a little arrow in the top right corner of your DB, select Download Archive. Then in your Mac App click on Import Archive.

• Software Developer
      • andreass
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Fred No, there is no such option to download an archive. I'm on the Starter Edition - maybe thats the reason? The backup option does not work - because the Starter Edition does not have manual backups. (see screen attached)

• Ninox partner
      • RoSoft_Steven.1
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Andreas you are right, starter plan doesn't do that. I wonder if you invite me (as admin) to your team, if I couldn't make a download and send it to you.(I have prof. subscription) Not sure though.

Otherwise, ask support if they can't help you if it's an important database.

Steven.

• Software Developer
      • andreass
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

RoSoft_Steven Rooryck Thanks Steven for your help - but I can't do that.

I will export every single table and re-import to the local version now.

• Ninox partner
      • RoSoft_Steven.1
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Andreas I understand. I had also thought of your option and this is indeed a good way of doing this for your case.

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 11Replies
  • 1039Views
  • 3 Following