Record Id numbers don't match Mac, iPad, iPhone

The Id numbers of my records don't match across my devices. I have a record #39 on my Mac, but it is blank on my iPad and iPhone, and then the other records on the iPad and iPhone are record Id # +1 off from those on my Mac. All records were created on my Mac. How do I fix this?

7 replies

null
    • Mr_K
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I restarted both my iPad and iPhone. That forced the iCloud info to sync, but that was it. I do more work on my Mac, but the changes are not updated on the iPad or iPhone. That can't be the fix? I need my db to sync across my devices as I make changes.

• Mr_K
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I found another solution, but it's a workaround. Have more than one database, switch to the other database and then back to the first database. That forces an iCloud refresh. I consider this a bug unless I'm doing something wrong. There's no reason why changes made on one device should not reflect almost immediately on all other iClud connected devices.

• Alexander_Koenig
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Did you create iCloud databases?

You have to pick "iCloud" as store location when you create a database. A little cloud will appear on the db.

Let me know if this helps or write to support@ninoxdb.de

Best regards, Alex

• Mr_K
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It is an iCloud database.

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 11.28.43 AM

• Mr_K
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sometimes they sync flawlessly, other times they don't. I can't figure it out why. I'm doing nothing different.

• Alexander_Koenig
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The synchronisation depends on the iCloud Sync mechanism. Sometimes it is executed in different ways.

• vjunge
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Have been struggling with this and just tried restarting devices and it worked—thank you!!

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 2523Views