Problem with Zapier connection

I set up a link to Google Forms via Zapier, and tested it by duplicating three Ninox fields in Google Forms - one a single line of text, two a three-option choice field, and three an image. When I tested it by filling in a Google Form, the record showed up fine in Google Forms. But in Ninox the text field value showed up fine, the choice field remained blank, and the image showed up as a link to Google Drive. In the setup on Zapier I didn't specify content for any fields, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas ...?  It would be nice if the choice field reproduced and the image showed up as an image!

6 replies

null
    • Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 

If you use a simple choice field it should be enough if you get the (exactly identical as in the value list of the choice field) text of the choice field in order to import it. If you use a multiple choice field it as bit more complicated, as you have to import an array.

As Zapier will transmit only text/strings you will not get file (like an image file) via that. But you can use the importFile function to import the image from the given URL.
    The syntax for that is the following: 

importFile(this, "https://static.ninoxdb.de/images/logo-ninox-new-2@2x.png")

Best, Jörg

• David
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

OK, thanks Jorg.

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jörg .. in the importFile functino .. what is "this" pointing to?  The button?  The row ? The URL ?  Seraching the manual site .. I cannot find that function definition. 

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 

this is pointig to the datarecord. Thus: import the file to the attachents of this datarecord.

Best, Jörg

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jörg.. Thank you .. I sent a sample database to Support... While I can get the import to work via a button.. I cannot get it to work via an after update trigger.  hmm.. 

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Michael, 

This function does only work on a button at the moment. We already have it on our Change request list to make work also on a "Trigger after Update".

Best, Jörg

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 2813Views