Printing multiple forms

I have magazine content (text) that's spread over 15 records (one record for each item). I want to make it easy for my graphic designer to lift the text. I could make him go into each record to copy/paste 15 times. I'm hoping there's an easier way, perhaps with a PRINT button that delivers the text in one piece. I've tried creating a formula that combines text from different records, but the print to PDF option doesn't "see" any content that's hidden with a scroll bar. Any ideas/solutions? Many thanks!

11 replies

null
    • David
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

OK, so I just found the print button (!), and this lets me print all the records in the group (great). However it seems to overlay them (not so good) and for text in a formula field reduces it to continuous simple text with no paragraph breaks (not really usable). 

• Birger
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You can book a screensharing session with me via this link:
    https://calendly.com/birger-hansen/15min

Birger

• David
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Birger, did you call? Nothing came through at my end. 

• David
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

By the way, can print tempates be saved and selected? I need different fields to show for different audiences. At the moment it seems you can only save the main one.

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You can add/copy/create print layouts with the little "plus" sign right beside the name of the existing layout and change and save it. This way you can store multiple print layouts for that table.

Best, Jörg

• David
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks. Still OK for 2pm today?

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi David, 

could please write a short e-mail to Birger to support@ninoxdb.de?

Thank you very much.

Best, Jörg

• Lawrie_Holtby
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, I have a form with a subtable and need to print 2 different versions (with different fields) if I create a copy I get the same subtable in both forms, any ideas?

• Nick
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, if I understoond you correctly, click the sub-table in the print layout and then use the Edit Columns... to the right.

• Lawrie_Holtby
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks Nick, I’ve found a post giving the answer: click the ‘+’ button to the right of the print layout to create a duplicate and then modify as required. I’m getting the hang of this!

• Nick
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

👍

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 11Replies
  • 3436Views