Performing a "find" or search in various fields of the database, enterting criteria to get a series of records.

Is Ninox capable of generating a different layout which is similar to an old "Rolodex." In other words, arrange the cells into a layout that looks like a business card and can be searched for criteria in each field. So say, if you had 10 firemen in your database who live in New York City, you can find this group of records by entering the town and the profession in the appropriate fields. Sounds like a dumb question but I don't see an easy way to do this yet. Thanks. Jim

5 replies

null
    • Sakshi_Singh
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Jim,

This is possible with Find feature. Enter the search words separated by space and Ninox will search for the records that match all the given criteria.

Regards,

Ninox 

• jcamp
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks for the quick reply.  I have a database field which contains shorthand codes for categorizing employees. So for example, in a field named "Code," the character "g" stands for guitar, eg- electric guitar, etc.  So I need to perform a Find in a specific field, not a Find that searches all fields.  The magnifying glass icon seems to launch a Find that finds a text string in any field. How do I do a Find in only one specific field.  Thanks again.  Jim

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 

You just need to click on the column titel und enter into the filter field: 

like "my string"

Best, Jörg

• jcamp
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Cool. I knew it was going to be easy.  Now how do you cancel that and "find all?" Back to the filter field or is there a faster way to reset?

• Sakshi_Singh
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Jim,

Click on column title again and you will see a "cross" mark next to the filter condition. Click on the cross to remove the filter.

Regards,

Ninox

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 2465Views