Page breaks in Print view

Is there any way to add a page break in the form print view/layout?

14 replies

null
    • Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

No. This is not yet possible.

Birger

• dmoyson
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Any plans of adding fuctionality like that? It's a bit difficult to make multipage reports at the moment with the header en footer only showing at the top and bottom of the layout and not every new page.

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 

If you declare the the layout elements to be in the header (or footer) they will appear on every page. I double checked it and it works as expected. Maybe I did not understand right what you mean by "make multipage reports"?

Best regards, Jörg

• dmoyson
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Jörg,

Thanks for that. I had figured out the use of headers/footers. It is more about arranging body content. If I have elements of varying size (say lists, notes, ... in a report) it is difficult to space them out exactly to have them appear on the first page, second page, ... Also, you can have a list that starts on one page but then if it’s a long list it can spill over into the next page, sometimes just for one item. The only way to see that is to generate the PDF and visually verify there, then go back into Ninox, move it up or down a bit, change font, and so on. Blank space between elements seems flexible as well, or at least not exactly the same on screen between Ninox and the PDF that’s created. If a page layout view (like in the print layout in Numbers for example) was available that could be done right then and there in Ninox and would save a lot of time.

Hope that is clearer.

Kind rgds,

David

• maxvalentino
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

HI, I have your same problem.

I need to print a formula field that generates variable texts and list of activities, this list could be bigger than a single A4 page.

I can't always adjust the layout.

Have you some suggestion to propose?

Thanks 

• Jorg
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi there, 

Thank you for your valuable input. 

We have already planned to improve our print editor in possibilities and design (manual page breaks etc.). We hope to release these improvements in one of our upcoming versions. Thank you for your patience.

Best, Jörg

• Be Legal Property Compliance
    • Katie_Rayner
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Is the page break function in print view a possibility yet?

• Jorg
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Katie, 

We are still working on it. Thank you for patience.

Best, Jörg

• maroon_banana
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello,

Has the page break function in print view been released now? 

Thank you

• Terry_Prokopchuk
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is what i am waiting for or a way to combine print layouts?

• brandon
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I too need this functionality. THIS MAJORLY lessens NINOX product as a whole becase the ability to see the information you store in a cohesive and easy to read format is OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE. The rest of your print editor is fine - but missing this critical pagination function of being able to tell it where to break a page specifically in the report to have the content below the break begin a new page - IS A MAJOR NEED in this module.. without it its substandard and Ninox is such an AMAZING product - while leave out something critical like this and let it tarnis the overall products appeal? This ticket or issue apparently goes back to 2018 - could someone PLEASE GET IT DONE. Thank you so much!

• About Argyll Walking Holidays
    • Frieda_Bos
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ninox promised to have the page brak in the next release in 2019. It is now 2021 and still not possible. It should not be too difficult to add this and proper multiple page reports need this functionality. Now things mess up in the print layout.

• Bujar
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 

Any news on this feature? 

I agree with Brandon, Printing experience with Ninox is horrible and it is pity. 

• Mel_Charles
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You are venting your frustration out on the user forum. Ninox themselves have not been active on this forum for over 18 months now.
    I urge you all to keep sending your requests direct to ninox support   ...  support@ninox.com

Hope fully  they then will start to Listen..

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 14Replies
  • 4794Views