Ninox vs FMP

I am considering moving away from FileMaker Pro so I am looking for another Database solution for Mac.  I have written a few databases for my business but I am not a high end user. I have no need to share the Dbs but it could be handy to do so.  I could do with using some Dbs on mobile devices but its not essential.  I do need to manage clients, make age and duration calculations, produce pedigrees, sales documentation, keep health and weight records as well as track communications (email, calls etc).  I am looking for some advice on whether Ninox would be a better choice than FMP which is increasing expensive and doesn't seem to have moved forward (except in price) in the last 6 years.  I am sure Ninox can do all I have asked for but how easy would it be? - a lot the above is painfully difficult on FMP so, for example,  I use Numbers for tracking weight gain by day and so forth.  Ideally a good selection of ready to use scripts would be a big help so that I could, for example, display a period of lapsed time as days and months without having to write (or blag) a lengthy script myself.

2 replies

null
    • Nick
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I had the same reservations as you did some time ago. Now I have transferred all my files to Ninox and everything is fine.

If you've been doing enough with the FMP, I do not think you have many problems. A little read by the manual, some questions here in the forum and everything will go ahead.

Ninox is strong enough and I imagine it will become stronger and more versatile with upcoming releases.
    I keep my files in iCloud and are available to my iPhone.

I hope I helped...

Nick

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

if there are questions, we are happy to give you answers.

Join our webinar:

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zoSk2qyNSz6vLRFF1zlakg

or book a consulting slot:

https://calendly.com/alexander-koenig/15min

Best, Alex

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 2864Views