Managing precision in number field, seeing non-exact values.
Ninox Profile

I have coded in many frameworks over the years and have never encountered such a thing from raw storage of a number. I have seen numerous rounding issues, but flipping to floating point, and managing the final displayed value tends to resolve the user-facing issues. But at the back end, to watch a number change simply by exiting a textbox is, in my recollection, unheard of.

Ninox Profile

Same here, number field.

I enter 22940,62 and get this

Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 20.18.19

Ninox Profile

I had been working on this for another project, but it could apply here...

https://ninoxdb.de/en/forum/use-cases-5abd0b9c4da2d77b6ebfa395/limit-input-to-rational-numbers-in-a-text-field-5dc4e3e339e54c3dd149d869

Ninox Profile

Sean, interesting approach, thank you.  I have done similar in the past in very unique circumstances. In my case, i am essentially creating the equivalent to a general ledger-based crypto exchange (for all intents and purposes), so you can imagine how many number fields are involved.  This approach would be entirely impractical.

I am trusting that a simple backend storage choice will be updated that will render this situation solved, with a subsequent update letting me (and us) move on.  

1 2