linking to multiple items in another table

Good morning,  Apologies again for a simple question.  I have created a table to record individual items from a mid-century pottery collection that I own.  This table is called "haeger collection".  In it I have the name, a picture, designer, color (glaze), etc.  I have created a new table called "advertising" and linked it to the main table (haeger collection).  I want to be able to also include links from the main table to images from various magazines and catalogs from the period. I am able to link multiple pottery item entries FROM haeger collection TO a SINGLE entire in  advertising.  However, I haven't figured out how to link FROM haeger collection TO MULTIPLE entries in Advertising.  

For example, a vase will have a single entry in the haeger collection table.  However, there might have been five catalogs where it appeared.  Right now I am only able to select a single entry from the advertising talbe and I would like to link to multiple items.  Is that possible?  If so, how?  thank you!

1 reply

null
    • Jorg
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 

It seems to me that you need to have a so called M:N relation ship between these two table. You can get more information about that in our User Manual here: https://ninoxdb.de/en/manual/tables/table-references-and-relations

I have also invited you to the Webinar EN 2019 team, in a separate e-mail. Please accept the invitation in order to get access to the team and the database. 

In the team you will find a database "03_N_to_M_Actor_part_in_Film" where exactly this scenario is shown.

Best, Jörg

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 1820Views