Joining selected records from a table

I have created a table by importing a CSV file of stockmarket data.

The table has a set of fields.  These are date,turning point type (High or Low),Primary Turning Point price, Secondary turning point price and tertiary turning point price.  The Primary and Secondary Turning Points are often zeroes for the record is for a tertiary turning point.

I have created tables for each turning point type but he records here are a "join" of two records from the first file.  The records is Start Date, TP_Type, Start Price, End Date, End_TP_type, End_Price.  I want to select the first non-zero Primary Turning Point, and create a record for each later non-zero primary turning point adding a duration in days and a difference in starting price and ending price.  Once the first cycle through the file is achieved then I want to move to the next non-zero primary turning point record and go through the table again.  This continues till all records have been processed.

How can I achieve this as my starting table has 16,500 records.  I understand this will take some processing time.

5 replies

null
    • Jorg
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello, 

We would like to invite you to our english Ninox webinar: 

At our Ninox webinar tips and tricks will be presented in the first 30 minutes, the remaining 90 minutes will be used for a live support where the participants' concerns will be solved. You can register here for the webinar, which takes place every Tuesday at 18 o'clock CEST: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zoSk2qyNSz6vLRFF1zlakg 

We would like to understand your enquiry better. Could you please send us a sample CSV import file and a litte demo database to support@ninoxdb.de? So we may have a look on it and possibly discuss it in the webinar. 

Best Regards, Jörg

• Erik_Ivan_Bech
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jörg, Are the English Ninox webinars archived so users can watch them if they couldn't attend the webinar?

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Ivan, it's best to send an email to support@ninoxdb.de with the dates you want the archive. You'll get the links then.
    Steven.

• Halio
    • Halio
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It would be good to have those accessible. I cannot easily attend them as I live in Thailand but I would love to pull them up during the week and check them out.

• Jorg
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi there,

We have planned to implement a process to make it possible to offer those recordings. Thank you for your patience.

Best, Jörg

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 2615Views