Is there an updated tutorial anywhere that isn't incorrect?

Greetings,

Is there an updated tutorial anywhere that reflects the current software and included templates/databases?

Many steps in the existing tutorial are missing/don't work, and the sudden, inexplicable leap from Part I (wherein you are to learn how to create a Customer DB to go with an Invoice DB) to Part III (wherein you are suddenly dealing with Persons, Books, and Readings) is absolutely jarring, and makes little sense. Commands in Part III don't exist, and steps are missing, to boot.

Why on earth doesn't the tutorial just continue with Customers and Invoices? Suddenly you have to stop and build new tables and populate them? Crazy.

Images also appear very outdated, and don't reflect the current Mac version at all.

Frustrated.

6 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Frederico, 

I understand your frustration.    There are a few organizations that run blogs and such..  Check out the following:
    https://www.ninoxus.com/?r_done=1

And

http://software.kirknessassociates.com/blog.html

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ninoxus.com is later this week changed to nioxus.com and is a very well reference to find manuals and videos. Check also the chanel ninox learning on youtube hosted by nioxus.com fir videolessons.

• M_ichel
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Well... relying on outside organizations is one thing...  How come NINOX itself doesn't provide a tutorial that works???  I am on the Ninox web site, am I not???

• ScottCPA
    • Stephen_Scott
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Overall, there appears to be a lot of help within the community.  Andy Marks at Nioxus has done a great job with his weekly videos, and between this forum, Google searches, Youtube, and Facebook posts I've learned a lot in a short period of time.  To get up and running, I suggest watching all of the videos found on Youtube to start.  I occasionaly re-watch a few of them for reinforcement. 

• photis
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hmmm, also frustrated. I just bought the latest Mac version and, yes, I'm more than a bit disappointed by the cavalier attitude towards maintaining an up-to-date manual and tutorial.

• Fred
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ninox has hired a new person to work on documentation so we'll see, but yes Ninox is horrible at documentation.

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 2284Views