Integrate with web page

Good evening.  I am seriously looking at signing up for account and wondered if it was easy enough to integrate with web pages.  Was looking for user samples to have a look at the potential.  Thanks again.

12 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Alan.. great question.    I am interested in the repsonses as well as "integrate with web pages" can mean sooo many things. 

What I CAN tell you is that from an external web application you can access your Ninox Cloud database(s) via a REST/ API.. or via a "share this view" that offers various formats (html, json, etc)..   The view is then dynamic... For example..

- with a jQuery Grid component within your web page.. you can source dynamic data. 
    see https://www.jqwidgets.com/jquery-widgets-demo/demos/jqxgrid/index.htm

- with a share this view as html .. you can use an iframe within your web page.. etc. 

That said.. for a little investment (less than $9.00 per month) ... you can run your own Proof of Concept (POC) to determine all the features / power. 

• Faldo
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thats great thanks.  So it is dynamic thats great.  I was always using access etc and mysql but was looking to build my own as a non profit kind of hobbie and this looks great.

Did ask if I could pay monthly rather than a whole year at once but  waiting on a reply :)

Thanks again.  Member projects would be great too.

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Alan.. You got me on that one.. You are correct.. It is an annual subscription. 

Not knowing the extent of your use case (aka your intentions).. still a bit hard to advise.. 

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Alan, 

Here is a quick hack for an example. 

http://mconneen.infointegrators.net/ninox/ninoxEmbedded.html

NOTE.. If you click on the above link long after this posting.. It may not resolve.. I might have taken the test database down.   So.. here is an image view.. 

ninoxEmbedded

• Faldo
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks once I sign up will explore. 😁👍

• Faldo
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

One last thing I was wondering about.  What kind of apps are people developing with ninox? 

• Rob.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Alan, I’m new too. I’m developing a ‘crafting’ app. I make hand made cosmetics and use Etsy and woo commerce. There’s a gap in apps in this space. I’ve been a developer for 20 years - little to no ROI for me to make my own app. Ninox has great potential for me. They have http calls for integration with any 3rd party system that has an API. It’s a very flexible tool and it’s very affordable. A major weekness is the documentation.. it’s not up to date in many areas and the scripting language doesn’t well documented either. I’m figuring it out. It’s fun.

• Rob.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Alan.. IMO Ninox is what Access or File Maker should have been 

• Faldo
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Well I did look at file maker but hosting is very expensive.  Access I thing apps are defunked.  

• Rob.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yeah. FileMaker used to be pretty cool. It’s expensive for sure and they’ve had lots of feature creep over the years 

• Rob.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Oh I get you now lol... you question is about using Ninox as a back end to a website?

MySQL & ms sql are pretty much the standard for back ends on the web. There’s also Postgres and SQLite that are also popular and all of these have extensive documentation and app libraries for many languages. 

• Nick
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Alan, I think it's better to create a new thread about this subject.

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 12Replies
  • 4946Views