Import data into related fields

I created tables that are related each other. And now I want to import my data that is in CVS to Ninox, but I cannot import the information when the field is related to another table. 

I need to do this because I already have to much information and I cannot go one by one to create the relation between this two tables

4 replies

null
    • Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

We would like to understand your enquiry better. Could you please explain your issue a little bit more detailed? At which point you are working? May be you can send us a screen shot or a sample database and a sample import file. That would probably help us give you a better support.

Thank you for your cooperation. Best, Jörg

• JCRamirez
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dear Jörg thanks for your interest in my question. Let me explain you with an example. 

I have a table named EXPENSES with 3 main fields:

1) Date

2) Expense

3) Vendor - Has a relationship to another table named VENDORS where I have all the contact details of the vendors like:

A) Name

B) Phone Number

C) Address

As I told you before I used to work all my data in excel and now I want to import all this information to the Ninox DB I created. 

When I want to import the information of the EXPENSES table I can do it perfectly well except for the field of “vendor” 

It is clear for me that this information is coming from another table. And I also know that I can upload the vendors information in the other table. But if I do this then I need to link one by one each of the expenses with the vendors 

So my main question is how I can import the information that is shared between two or more tables. 

• sjdixey
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

There's a section in the manual about this - you have to import both tables at once:

https://ninoxdb.de/en/manual/import-and-export/importing-linked-data

I did this OK. A bit of trial and error but it worked ...

• JCRamirez
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

sjdixey thank you so much for your help was very useful

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 2969Views