How would I populate a table with random elements from several other tables when I add a record?

I have a table to use as a display and the items from it need to be randomly generated from several other tables.  All. of the tables have a unique integer key so randomly generating a number based on the number of records in the table and then inserting a specific field value into the new table looks like what I want to do.  I just don't know how to go about doing it.

1 reply

null
    • Jorg
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 

There is a function random() which will give you a random number between 0 (incl.) and 1 (excl.).

You could use that function to pick your items.

If that does not help you it would be a good idea to bring up your question in our webinar. Thank you very much.

At our Ninox webinar tips and tricks will be presented in the first 30 minutes, the remaining 90 minutes will be used for a live support where the participants' concerns will be solved. 

You can register here for the webinar, which takes place every Tuesday at 18 o'clock CEST: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zoSk2qyNSz6vLRFF1zlakg 

Thank you very much.

Kind regards, Jörg

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 1062Views