P

How do I copy a row in a table?

Ninox Profile

Hi, 

just click on the "Duplicate record" icon:

duplicate

Best, Jörg

Ninox Profile

Where do I see that screen? I have the latest Ninox and there’s no coloured dots or icons on the rop

Ninox Profile

Hi, 

Which Ninox App you are using? The Ninox App for Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android.

If you are not working on a phone you should see that screen if click or tip on a record to open the input form.

Kind regards, Jörg

Ninox Profile

I’m using the iPad and the browser version on my laptop. As an experienced VB, JavaScript, Access, SQL programmer what I really need is a guide to Ninox code that covers objects, properties and methods. I need to take rows from a subtable in one record and copy them into another.

Ninox Profile

Here is the link to the Language Reference...

https://ninoxdb.de/en/manual/calculations/reference-of-functions-and-language

I don't work for Ninox, but I can say from my own experience and inquiries the Ninox programming language is not object-oriented. You can get and set the values of fields using code and by using the keyword "this" to get a handle to the current record.

Ninox Profile

I tried to research what is and what isn't OOP and wound up feeling a gray as ever. I do know that you can't declare objects like you can in JavaScript using the Ninox language. If you want to modify information in the database, you have attach code to a Button object or a Trigger (there is also a console you can run commands in). I know how to copy records from one table to another using code, but what you have is a subtable which is a reference to another table. Do you want to create duplicate records in the referenced table? I don't mind working through this if you have the patience.

You can also request a screen sharing session with Support or ask for an invite to the Webinar on Tuesdays.

Ninox Profile

Thanks Sean

ive found what I need buried in the Ninox us training video for ‘for...end’. Fairly pedestrian for an experienced developer but it’s all there. Thanks for your reply.