Formulas and Calculations

How can I implement a unique "logical" key for a table? For example, I have an Ingredient table whose logical key is IngredientName. How can I ensure there is only one row with a given IngredientName?

5 replies

null
    • kesterwatters2
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Given two tables: Recipe and RecipeIngredient, I am trying to modify all rows in RecipeIngredient for a given IngredientName whenever the Recipe changes. I started by setting up a trigger with loop following the examples in your manual. I started the trigger with the following line of code:

For p in (select RecipeIngredient where IngredientName=”Carrots”)

I got the error: Unexpected symbol column 55

First, am I one the right track to do what I want? Second, what is the syntax error?
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Try this formula in the "onChange" trigger of the table:
    –––
    let myText := IngredientName;
    IngredientName := if cnt((select Ingredient)[(IngredientName = myText)]._id) > 1 then
    "Duplicate Value"
    else
    myText
    –––

Birger - Ninox Support
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Yes, you are on the right track. My guess is that the error is about "curly" quotation marks. You can turn these off globally (on a Mac) at:
    Apple Menu -> System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Text -> "Use smart quotes and dashes"

Birger - Ninox Support
    • kesterwatters2
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Just so I understand, what is the ._id for? Is that standard for getting the id? In your code could it as well be ".anotherColumn"?
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    That's right. "_id" ist the internal name of the ID field (In Germany that field is called Nr)

Birger - Ninox Support

Content aside

• 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 3187Views