Formula function displaying as a time interval in my table

Hi, I am trying to create a table that includes a formula to calculate the number of employees required. The formula includes a time element (date-date) which gave a time in milliseconds which I converted to weeks. The problem I have is when I click on the tab to edit the columns in my table and I go to drag the formula across, it changes from a formula to a time interval and then it dispalys as a time interval in the table. It displays correctly as I click on each individual line of my table but not in the overall table. Is there a way i can fix this?

Capture

4 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Ciaran... I am not following 100%..   The interval number of days between two dates simply tell you the number of days.. I would think you would take into account the number of effort hours.   

Here is an example using the number of workdays between two dates.. with an estimated project number of effort hours..  Then work into an FTE calculation.. 

estFTE

And here is the simple calculation .. 

fteCnt

• adriankelly_fingletoni
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The formulae display correctly when I am typing them into each individual project but when it comes back to my overall table, they display as they are in the screenshot above. 

• adriankelly_fingletoni
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Capture4

• Jorg
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Ciaran,

What is your "overall table"? Is it the tabel where the FTE is calculated in each record? Or is the FTE calculated in a subtable of that table? Than you need a fuction like

sum(FTE)

or

max(FTE)

or

concat(FTE)

to show the values in the overall table.

Kind regards, Jörg

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 1479Views