Formatting Date

How do I format the date to show the weekday, month, day, year? For example, I would like the date column to show "Wed, 06/06/2018".

8 replies

null
    • Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Use a formula field to get a custom format of a date field like this:

–––
    format('Date field', "ddd, DD/MM/YYYY")
    –––

Birger

• emailguha
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Can you show me exactly how to do this?

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

PLease have a look at the function and language reference, here are more examples.

Or join one of our webinars:

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zoSk2qyNSz6vLRFF1zlakg

Best, Alex

• Ron_RLA720_mscpostpr
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Memo to "No Name Support" -

Your answer above is a very bad answer to a very simple question.  (If you worked for me, you'd be fired today.) 

I will explain to you in simple words:

Webinars are mostly a waste of time.  Most forums are a waste of time.  Because, they are long ways to go a short distance.

What database admins need is quick, efficient, focused ways to get answers quickly.  Without waiting for a webinar.  Without waiting for "support" on a forum.  Without digging through pages of manuals.  Why doesn't the boss of support at Ninox understand that?  (I would fire him, too, because support is the weakest part of the NX package.  His sloppy management is wasting time and money on both sides of the table.)

Some of the NX staff here are intelligent and helpful, but not all.  But the design of the software for the forum is awful.  There is today such good software available for forums, why is it not used here? 

• Alexander_Koenig
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello Ron,

please check the function and language referrence. This is the best condensed  source to get information about how to use Ninox. Webinars are also a great way to get in touch with Ninox staff and collaborate with other users.

About your issue:

You need to edit how the date is displayed in the column. Click on the column head and pick the f(x) sign to enter the formula editor.

Here you will apply the format() function which was already posted before:

format('Date field', "ddd, DD/MM/YYYY")

Let me know if we can help. You have plenty of possibilities to interact with support. Please see our help page.

Best regards, Alex

• techadmin
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 

I have a similar question but it is about dates displaying in the forms.  How do I change the dafault dte fomat within a form or, preferably, across the whole database?

• Sakshi_Singh
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

As you are Ninox cloud user, please note that Ninox picks the date format from the browser properties. To change the date format across Ninox, please change the same in your browser settings.

Regards,
    Sakshi-Ninox

• Sakshi_Singh
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

As you are Ninox cloud user: if you use Ninox from web, then please note that Ninox picks the date format from the browser properties. To change the date format across Ninox, please change the same in your browser settings.

Regards,
    Sakshi-Ninox

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 4618Views