FAQ
D
Clever :-)
Ninox Profile
Your table must have a column with a unique text for customers (name, customer number, etc.). This must exactly match with their in Ninox. When assigning the fields, click right on the triangle at the customer 's and select Customer Name (or customer number).
If everything has been done correctly, the preview window will display the numbers of customers in the column "Customers"

And I would, to hide the field, just write "false" in the formula.

Leo
D
That worked. Thank you!

dbox
D
Hi
when i try to export my database (as Exl or CSV) i can see only 5 fields and all the dates are turning into numbers (1000, 2000, etc)

any solution to that from anyone?

thanks for helping

El
Ninox Profile
Hi, using the export function from the table only exports visible fields. You can display more fields as columns to have them in the CSV export. With dates being transferred to a number sounds like an issue with excel or numbers.
If you have questions, you can also write to support@ninoxdb.de
Best regards, Alex
D
Hi Ninox Team,

Is it possible to add calculated records to a sub-table based on values in the main table?

For example in the main table I have an amount field and a time field. In the sub-table I have a scheduled amount field and a scheduled time field. I would like to create 12 records in the sub-table with each record containing a scheduled amount := amount/12 and scheduled time := time/12.

Kind Regards,

dbox
Ninox Profile
Hello dbox,
see this example on how this can be achived:
amounts.ninox
Birger - Ninox Support
R
Having difficulty opening up a new record as a popup, mainly because the internal Id column doesn't like to be included in aggregate functions.

I have a button that, once pressed, would create a new record in another table, add a few bits and pieces from the current table then open the new record as a popup.

If I use openRecord with a hardcoded Id number then all is fine. However nothing else works.

This is the first part of my code on the button:

let p := (create Photos);
p.Type := 2;
p.Location := Locations.Name;
p.Date := Visit.Date;

I then thought I could open that with:

openRecord(record(Photos, p.Id))

Which didn't work.

Next I thought I might try working out the next one (more dangerous this because it won't work if there are no records in the associated table, but that aside)

let pid := max(Photos.Id) + 1;

However that then gave me the following error:

Aggregation not defined for this data type: max(nid)

What’s even more worrying is when I tried to debug some of this I created a new numeric column on the Photos table called pid and hardcoded a value of 29 to one of the records in the table.

When I tried the following code however, the resulting value in Title was 1 - a far dry from the 30 I was expecting! (fyi, Ninox added the parentheses here, not me - unsure why though).

let pid := max(Photos.pid) + 1;
p.(Title := text(pid));
popupRecord(record(Photos,29))

So, just how can I make this happen? All I want to do is press the button, feed some values into the new record, then view the new record so I can actually add the photo (and some other peripheral attributes).

Currently trying this out on the OS X version of Ninox. Not tried it yet on the IOS iPad version.
R
Or even just a simple 0 !
Ninox Profile
Hi Rachel,
Try the following code:

p.Type := 2;
p.Location := Locations.Name;
p.Date := Visit.Date;
let myID:=p.Id;
popupRecord(record(Photos, myID))

openRecord opens the record and jumps to the related table.
popupRecord opens the record in a popup form without switching to another table and fits better for your purpose

regards
Leo