Delete Multiple Records?

Is there a way to delete multiple records?

17 replies

null
    • Mr_K
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I seem to have found a way by accident, but it is convoluted a bit. Get the checkmark on the record Id, then right after clicking to check the last record do the delete command/. Now the delete selected records option appears. This could be clearer and easier by just adding either a menu command or option command delete.

• Mr_K
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I seem to have found a way by accident, but it is convoluted a bit. Get the checkmark on the record Id, then right after clicking to check the last record do the delete command/. Now the delete selected records option appears. This could be clearer and easier by just adding either a menu command or option command delete.

• Mr_K
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

And I see there's a contextual menu item to delete selected rows. That's a good solution.

• techadmin
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I seen no delete selected option records or any contextual menu item (not even sure how to get the contextual menu to appear)

It dshould be a lot easier to delete records e.g. select them and then just press the trash bin icon.  Can anybody else ive me a clue about dleting reords?

• Tacho
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

as discribed above:

- mark them (left click)

- right click to open the context menu as shown in the picture

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-07 um 14.39.54

• pukfan
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Problem with this is that every time I select a record for deletion, the record file screen pops up blocking most of the table.  In trying to delete several records at one time I have to check the record, then close the pop up, check another record, close the pop up, etc.  Is there a way to disable the record popup so I can easily go through and check all records I want to delete without having to manually close each selected record?

• Emanuel_Neubert
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

simply click on the record number with a single click (no pop up appears unless you do a right click). After selecting the records you want to delete, you click right and chose 'delete selected row'

• pukfan
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am using Ninox on my ipad so a) There is no right click and b) tapping on the record number does result in a pop up covering other records.  

• Emanuel_Neubert
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

chosing the records works the same way on iPad. You tab left next to the row you want to select. What can happen is that the form view opens which hides the row but you can simply drag your table to the left and make it bigger than the form.

Once selected your rows, you find the context menu next to the cog.

• Wolfgang_Stoettner
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

All,

ctrl + click on macOS (⌃+click) does not bring up the menu, hence deleting multiple records not possible > not really suited for bigger DB tables.

Time developers have a serious look into this.

reg,

wolf

• Halio
    • Halio
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

on macOS you need to press control-click for the contextual menu to show "delete selected rows"

• Wolfgang_Stoettner
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

No works on macOS app and web interface. 

thanks

• Jorg
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Wolfgang, 

Please change from the table view mode to the form view mode:

table form view

Then you can right click on the rows to get the content menu with the options to delete all selected rows.

Best, Jörg

• Wolfgang_Stoettner
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

super, now works. 

• PAGE
    • Bill_Page
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

That info on changing to Form View mode did the trick - thank you.

Still think clicking on the rubbish bin icon should do the same through.

• Jens_Clausen
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Jörg, I cannot find the "table view mode to the form view mode" in the latest version. Also I cannot select all + delete

• Mr_K
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Double click a cell to enter form view in 3.0. Or even simpler, drag accross any cell. To exit form view click on this arrow.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 7.36.39 AM

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 17Replies
  • 8192Views