Date Field Question.
Ninox Profile

Is there a fast way to enter a date? The best I have found so far is jan12001. I would like it if I could enter it like 1/1/01.

Also, can the date format be changed to show as 1.1.01 instead of this?

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 8.45.38 AM

Ninox Profile

@Mr. K... The date data type uses the system configured date format.  So.. from an "input" perspective..  US dates are looking for Month Day Year. ..   From an OUTPUT perspective.. You can always format the date anyway you want. 

Hope this helps. 

Ninox Profile

Please explain the way to format the output. 

Ninox Profile

Mr. K,

Please have a look here https://ninoxdb.de/en/manual/calculations/reference-of-functions-and-language in the section date functions for more explanation.

Ninox Profile

Play with this function, change tokens in double quotes with those from tokens table (see link from previous message):

format(now(), "dddd, Do of MMMM YYYY, h:mm a")

Ninox Profile

Where do I enter the formula?

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 5.06.46 PM

Ninox Profile

It appears it goes in the Show As box. If so, please give me a formula to enter there that makes my Date Paint Applied field format as 1.1.07. I'm new to this, so seeing it work helps me understand how to do it. Thanks.

Ninox Profile

No Show as is for the calendar. To write something in the calendar.

Ninox Profile

Date field in a record input form shows dates in format based on your OS locale preferences. You can't change it with current Ninox prefs.

"Show As" field from your screenshot does form what you will see in Ninox calendar on that date. It's not even about date at all.

What you can do then? You can format the way your tables/reports will show up given dates. So open column formula editor:

Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 13.39.23

And replace 'Date Paint Applied' with format('Date Paint Applied', "M.D.YYYY").

Ninox Profile

So is there a way to do what I asked in the first place. Format the output in the Date Applied field to read as 1.1.07?

1 2