Create new database based on existing, or clear data from database

Hi

I created a sample database for a friend and put some dummy data in to demonstrate it. Now I'd like to "start again" with a clean database that I can hand over for the real data. Is there a way of duplicating just the structure I have created, without the dummy data? Or alternatively, is there a way of clearing all data from a database, so that just the table structures and relationships remain?

Thanks

Suzie

7 replies

null
    • Leonid_Semik
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Sizie,

1. Save your sample database in "my Databases"
    2. Create an empty database
    3. Click on "import data"
    4. choose "Ninox" (top right)
    5. Choose your sample database
    6. delete all chests in "Data" and "Files"
    7.Click on Import

regards
    Leo

• suziewithers
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Leo

Thanks for responding. On step 4, I can't see the "Ninox" option - when I click on "import data", I just see this - it only seems to accept a csv file:

import

• Leonid_Semik
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Suzie,

Are you using a trial version?

• Sakshi_Singh
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Suzie,

To start afresh, you can "Select all" and "Delete selected records" in the table view to remove the sample data from your database. To add, going forward the "Id" of new records will not start with 1. 

The above mentioned steps by Mr. Samik are for the Ninox App.

Regards,

Sakshi-Ninox Support 

• suziewithers
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks

I am using the trial version of Ninox cloud at the moment, but my trial is running out!

Suzie

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Whether your trial runs out has nothing to do with the problem :-)

What you want is - correct me if I'm wrong - to duplicate your database in a way that all print-layouts, tables, fields, views, relations, formular etc are retained - but there a no records in this dublicate. - You can do that. I'll explain how.

And(!) you want the ID of the first record in your duplicate database to be 1. - I understand this. However this is not possible in the browser version. The Ninox App can do this - as described above - but not Ninox Cloud. In Ninox Cloud you do this:

- Create a backup:

Create_backup

- Next click "Manage Packups" and doubleclick the backup you just created to import it.

- You now have a copy of your database. Rename it.

- Delete all records:

Delete_Multiple_Records

- You're done. Not records.

But: The ID will not start with 1! Only the Ninox App is capable of doing this. Check it out. It's free for iPhone and iPad.

Greetings

Birger - Ninox Support

• suziewithers
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Birger

Thanks for your help. I don't have an iPhone or iPad myself, but the friend I'm helping does. So if I got him to create a backup from the cloud version to his iPad, then would he be able to restore it to the app version and follow the steps to clear the data that way?

Thanks

Suzie

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 4860Views