Create and Modify Tables

Hi
I try to import data for a reference table I use in a database. It consists of 42614 records. It imports without an error message but I end up with no records in Ninox. I've imported data before without problems. Is there a limitation on how many records one can import?
Thanks
Joe

21 replies

null
    • Alexander_Koenig
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Joe,
    importing data has no limitations. Please check the CSV file first.
    You find more info in the import data section.
    Best regards,

Alex
    • Stefano_Gmail
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi

is it possibile to use "global unique identifier" in the script language?
    And how?

Thanks
    Stefano
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hello Stefano,
    I don't think it is. What is your use case?

Greetings
    Birger - Ninox Support
    • mserve123
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi

I have three questions that I wondered if you could answer. I also have the Pro version on my iPad.

I want to know how to delete databases and tables.

How do I duplicate a table in a database, with the fields only (no data)? I have a table already, with records and I just need to duplicate the field names only.

If this is not possible, my second choice would be to create another database. Ideally I would like to have a new table in the same database, since they are part of the same database.

I am also wanting to have my records in numerical order, from the lowest to the highest. It is a field that I created, using text because the field will have both numbers and letters, so I thought it was best to use a plain text field. I also noticed that the ID number field is not in numerical order, I also deleted some records so I don't know how to reset the ID #, could this affect the other field that I want in numerical order?

I am new using NINOX, so keep this in mind when replying.

Thank you,
    Mary
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Mary,
    thanks for you comment.
    Let me try and answer your questions:
    / Delete databases: On the Ninox start page long-click the name of a database. A context menu will appear. Select "Delete".
    / Delete tables: Open the database. Open the table. Select "Edit fields..." from the gear menu. At the bottom left of the popup You'll find the "delete" button.
    / Duplicate database. On the Ninox start page long-click the name of a database. A context menu will appear. Select "Duplicate database...". Tell the assistant _not_ to duplicate records... you want just the empty shell.
    / Sort: You can sort by every field visible in the table view. Click the column head and select a sorting method.
    / The ID field. This is an internal number that identifies the record. This number can not be changed. If a record is deleted the ID will not be given ot again.

Greetings
    Birger - Ninox Support
    • Rob
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    HI, Im creating a set of tables that use the same basic fields (a choice with three answers) just with different text for the field titles. Is there an easy way to copy an existing field and paste it in?
    Thanks
    Rob
    • Frank_Bohmer
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Rob,

thanks for using Ninox!

Unfortunately you cannot copy fields.
    We plan to implement a feature to re-use choice field lists.

Best regards

Frank
    • Rob
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Frank, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
    • Rob
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi There, Couple more questions:
    How do I copy a table within the same database (or create a duplicate database and then move tables between them)?

What function do the 'colour' and 'icon' fields have?

Thanks
    • Rob
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Just found the duplicate table function in the under the edit fields option :-)
    • Lynn_Kasel
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Is it possible to specify the order that tables are listed in Ninox.

Thanks
    • Frank_Bohmer
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi lynnk,
    tables are ordered alphabetically. One work around would be using names like 1. Products, 2. Articles.
    Best
    Frank
    • georgegrams
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Yesterday I created a database with a table and sub-table into which I entered a few trial records. I went back in today and for some reason the app won’t accept additional records being entered. I’m in table view with the sub table visible. In or out of ‘edit table’ mode, when I click on the + sign top right of the sub-table window, I’m taken to the edit table window rather than to a blank new record field. Where am I going wrong?
    • georgegrams
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Please ignore this query. I have the answer.
    • techadmin
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hello. I can find the facility to delete a single records, but when I select a number of records and try to delete, only the first is deleted.

How can I delete a number of records at one time?
    • techadmin
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    I have two fields in my record designated as mandatory. However, Ninox allows records to be created even if the fields are left blank. This is not what I would expect.
    • Alexander_Koenig
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi, when you click on "+" (create a record). The record is existent. This has many advantages. But we are planning more features to restrict creation of new records for specific user groups.
    Best regards, Alex
    • Alexander_Koenig
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi, with right click on the table. There is the option to delete all selected records.
    Best regards, Alex
    • Alexander_Koenig
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Yes, you are right. We have this on the list :)
    • David
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You said last year you planned a feature that would allow developers to re-use existing choice lists for questions that all have the same set of answers (and, I assume, accompanying colours and logos). Has this been implemented? If not, is there an ETA on that? Thanks!

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

The colours and logos are already available. For the copying/"re-use of exesting choice fields" we beg you for a some more patience. We hope to release that with one of our upcoming versions.

Thank you very much. Kind regards, Jörg

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 21Replies
  • 8221Views