Can I open and use two databases at the same time?

I created a database for keeping track and billing my time.  I created a second database to keep track of certain referrals and cases that come into my office.  Is there a way to open and use both of these databases at the same time?  At this point, I am closing one in order to open the second.  Since I use both databases on a regular basis throughout the day, it would be so convenient to be able to keep them both open at the same time.

9 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Interesting use case.    A nice enhancement to the Mac / iCloud version would be "hot swapping" or "fast switching" between databases. 

In the meantime, best approach may be to combine both databases into a single application.

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Update.. Assuming you are using the Ninox Cloud version .. Check out the "share this view" option .. You can potentially share the view.. and consume that view in your other database.   

• blackie
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

With the cloud version you can have multiple instances of the web app running in different tabs or browsers.

or you can have the Mac app open,  and a web app open at the same time.

• John.2
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Ninox. Is it possible to open two different databases at the same time? It seems I can only open one database at one time. These databases are not related to one another. Thank you.

• Jorg
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi John,

If you are working in the Ninox Cloud you can open two (or more) different browsers and open there different databases. With the App you can only open one database at once.

Best, Jörg

• John.2
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jörg,

Is there any risk in running two different instances of Ninox on one computer at the same time?

John

• Jorg
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi John, 

as far as I know there is no risk in messig up data, because it is updated in real time in the database if you are working in  the browser.

Best, Jörg

• jef
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Can i hurt to duplicate the Ninox app in the applications folder?

I know other company's are doing this with omnis database apps.

• Jorg
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Jef, 

at the moment is only possible to open the App once. 

But we have already planned to implement a solution which will allow you to open multiple database at the same time. 

Thank you for your patience.

Best, Jörg

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 9Replies
  • 3477Views
  • 1 Following