Accidentally hid all columns in linked table view
J

Hi,

I have a table reference, and when I click on the field for that table (in form view) it takes me to a blank page (with the search bar at the top but no columns), because I accidentally hid all of the columns in that view.

Is there a way to unhide the columns without deleting the table reference and recreating it from scratch? This actually happened to a large number of table references in my database, and it will take a significant amount of time to recreate all of them...

Thank you

Ninox Profile

Hi Jay, 

If you click on the funnel symbol "Edit columns", you can drag the fields to be shown from the right to the left column. 

Kind regards, Jörg

J

Hi,

Thank you for your note. Unfortunately the issue I'm having is in the popup window that opens when I click on a linked table, where there are no columns showing (I had hidden all of the columns but one, then I deleted the associated field in the linked table, so now no columns show up in the popup window for the linked table). If I click on the funnel symbol the popup window just closes...

Ninox Profile

I'm not making light of your situation... That's kind of like the perfect storm. I duplicated the condition and I can see the scroll bar move up and down, but I can't find a way to access the records or unhide them. The scroll bar stops at the top where the column headers should be, but if I click in that area nothing happens. I also tried to add a field of the same type and name and that didn't work either.

J

Yeah. I went through my whole database and made changes that resulted in this situation in a number of tables. I had to replace all of the fields that were impacted in order to correct the problem. I thought I'd leave this open in case the developers are able to create a fix for the future, for example by  adding that funnel symbol and functionality to the popup window.