Accidentally hid all columns in linked table view

Hi,

I have a table reference, and when I click on the field for that table (in form view) it takes me to a blank page (with the search bar at the top but no columns), because I accidentally hid all of the columns in that view.

Is there a way to unhide the columns without deleting the table reference and recreating it from scratch? This actually happened to a large number of table references in my database, and it will take a significant amount of time to recreate all of them...

Thank you

4 replies

null
    • Jorg
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Jay, 

If you click on the funnel symbol "Edit columns", you can drag the fields to be shown from the right to the left column. 

Kind regards, Jörg

• Venture to Market LLC
    • Jay_Holman
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

Thank you for your note. Unfortunately the issue I'm having is in the popup window that opens when I click on a linked table, where there are no columns showing (I had hidden all of the columns but one, then I deleted the associated field in the linked table, so now no columns show up in the popup window for the linked table). If I click on the funnel symbol the popup window just closes...

• Sean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm not making light of your situation... That's kind of like the perfect storm. I duplicated the condition and I can see the scroll bar move up and down, but I can't find a way to access the records or unhide them. The scroll bar stops at the top where the column headers should be, but if I click in that area nothing happens. I also tried to add a field of the same type and name and that didn't work either.

• Venture to Market LLC
    • Jay_Holman
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yeah. I went through my whole database and made changes that resulted in this situation in a number of tables. I had to replace all of the fields that were impacted in order to correct the problem. I thought I'd leave this open in case the developers are able to create a fix for the future, for example by  adding that funnel symbol and functionality to the popup window.

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 1276Views