Please consider enabling the user() function fields for the ninoxApp version.

We live in a connected world, but the reality is... wifi / cellular connectivity is not always available.   If I have an application that is running only on an iPad.. I may still want to programmatically capture the userId that created / manipulated the data for audit purposes.   Then, when the user is connected to the internet.. the application would also contain logic to post the created / updated data into the cloud database. 

This also suggests that the solution "might" have to store the user credentials locally so the last logged on user can log on if not connected to the internet. 

logIn

Thoughts?   

6 replies

null
    • Birger
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

There is an automated record value to store the user that created the record ( _cu ) and last modified the record ( _mu ).

Birger

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Birget, it auotmagically flips it to 'Created by'.. when I save t._cu ... and it returns a value of User.. not my user.... Hmm.. 

_cu

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

oops.. sorry .. @Birger.. :( 

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 

'Created by' means the the same as _cu (create user) it is only the automatic translation of Ninox, but will do the same. ;)

Best, Jörg

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jörg, 

I see that.. but the question still remains.. it returns "User" when running a local / iCloud database using the Mac App or the iPad.   It should return the user that created the row. 

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Mike, 

That is because in the local databases there ar no other users than yourself and the function 'Created by' is not available. If you work in a Ninox Cloud team the function works also in the Ninox App for Mac and iPad.

Best, Jörg

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 2178Views