Increase Calculation Speed

I would like to see some improvement in calculation speed. When I create references to other tables and calculations, such as a moving average, of values, it takes a very long time before the data is shown. Once it is shown, if I switch views then come back, it requires being re-calculated again even though nothing has been added or modified in the data. This data should be available immediately if it has not changed.

3 replies

null
    • Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The amount of computing will increase exponetially if you have formulas containing the "select" command in table views.

Birger

• matt_braunstein
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I understand that there will be some slowness for the initial calculation. But it seems like it is re-calculating all of the data anytime I switch between tables and/or views. This makes it very difficult to compare data.

Is there any way to either keep the data in memory? Or better yet, generate a hidden temporary value that is the current fixed value from the calculation? Then only update this hidden value if the underlying data is actually updated? Then the data could be viewed quickly, because the data being displayed has already been calculated previously.

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

If you follow the link, calculation will be very fast.

instead of: cnt(select table where a = x)

use: cnt(table)

This works if the entries are linked.

Best regards, Alex

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 2024Views