Define a start up script / default table open view

Folks.. any thought about providing the capability to define a "start up" script?    This script would execute upon database open. 

In conjuction with this request..  also provide the capability at a table level to define a default open view (grid/view name vs form).. 

Thoughts? 

9 replies

null
    • Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Michael, 

To define a default open view is already in our change request list, but you can already achieve that by naming the view with a starting 1 or 001 what would bring the view in the first position of the alphabetic order of the views. 

What do you try to achieve with a "start up" script?

Best, Jörg

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jörg, 

perhaps I was not clear.. For the default open view.. let's use the Webinar Dashboard sample.... When that database opens.. I would like it to open the dashboard view.. No clicks by the user.. Open to this view. 

dashboard

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is not yet possible. We are working on this. Look out for the next releases.

Birger

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Micheal, 

Thank you for the explanation. Now I understood it better and adjusted the entry in our change reqeust list.

Best, Jörg

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I guess I am combining two concepts.. First.. a start up script would do whatever intialization tasks necessary .. then "popupRecord" the desired record / form. 

Second..  To display the above image.. after clicking on the 00 Dashboard table.. I had to click on a record to display the form.   It would be a great feature if I could define.. per table.. if it should open in data grid or form view. 

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Michael,

These are good ideas, we will consider them in our further developments.

If you choose table and it pops up in form view, Ninox needs a record to display. Which record would you prefer? The first one?

Best, Jörg

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I agree about needing a record..  Yes.. the first one would make sense.

• George_Tanev
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello

Some new information about that?

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@George,

WOW.. this is one from the way back files... and since it is hard to keep track of my past posts.. I shamefully did not go back and mark it closed / completed.. :(   

Yes... this is implemented via the Trigger after Open capability combined with the openTable with a view name. 

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 9Replies
  • 3555Views